Let your personality shine with our Forge a Gold Ring Class.
After popular demand we are offering a class where you make your own gold ring! For those of you who want to learn from scratch how to make a ring, you can now get the chance to make it in solid gold.
Choose from the options of 2mm square wire, for those who like the more delicate ring, or 4mm sheet- the same as our very popular forge a ring class rings, but in solid gold!
With the help of your expert teacher you will learn step by step the basics of jewellery making, with the end result of a stunning gold ring that you can take away with you to love and cherish!
What will I learn
You will learn the basics of goldsmithing, this includes:
– How to pierce ( saw ) a piece of gold
– How to form a ring using pliers
– You will watch it being soldered whilst being explained the process by your teacher
– How to file the ring using different size hand files
– How to texture the ring using a planishing hammer- choose from 3 finishes
– You will watch it being polished on a polishing motor to your chosen finish – matt or shiny!
Come and join us for an evening of fun and creativity!
Our Forge a Gold Ring classes have been awarded the Most Reviewed Experience in Ireland by Airbnb! We were also shortlisted as a finalist for 2020 Hen & Stag Supplier of the Year by Wedding Online. Due to our excellent reputation our classes tend to book up, we recommend booking ahead to avoid any disappointment!
Duration of Class
Most of the taster classes take place in the evenings from 6:30-8:30pm and on Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
Please see below the booking area at the bottom of the page for our current availability
If you are a group of 6 or above please let us know as we might be able to offer you a private party and their is a discount of 10% for 6 people or more.
Should you have any further questions, please do pop us a message to email@example.com
How much are we talking ?
For the 2mm square wire ring – €310- cost includes 9ct yellow or white gold and the class
For the 4mm flat sheet ring – €430- cost includes 9ct yellow or white gold and the class
Why Silver Works
Unlike traditional institutions, our priority is to help you learn & develop a new skill, not profit.
This is why we always have a ratio of no more than 6 people to one teacher.
You will be taught by highly experienced goldsmiths, working within the industry who have an abundance of Jewellery design experience.
We provide Tea & coffee and some chocolate
All tools and equipment, drills & aprons are provided for the duration of the course.
All the gold needed to make your ring.
We now offer next day engraving on the ring you make!
Make it even more special by adding initials or a date. The cost of this is €30 if collected from our city centre shop. If you need it shipped, it would either be €10 to €15 depending on where you live.
We can also offer a gold plating service, its €25 for a 10 day service or else €60 for next day service. Simply let your teacher know and they will organise this for you.
Cancellation and Rescheduling
In order to cancel a booking, you must inform us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your cancellation must be confirmed as received by us on or before the relevant dates, as set out below. All cancellations and transfers are subject to an administrative fee of 10% of the cost of the class/course.
- If your written request is received more than 30 days before the event is due to begin, you will be entitled to a full refund of the amount paid, less the administrative fee.
- If your written request is received within the 30 day period before the event, you will not be entitled to a refund for your place.
- Cancellations requested after the course/event has started will not be considered.
- Transfer to an alternative course/event should be requested in writing at least 14 days before the course start date.
Transfer requested less than 14 days before the event may be declined unless a replacement student can be found for your place prior to the start date.
- If you fail to attend a course, event or class, no refund will be given, and no transfer request will be accepted.
- If a class is cancelled or postponed for reasons for which we are responsible, such as staff illness, we will make every reasonable effort to reschedule the class to suit the majority of attendees, or add missed hours onto remaining classes.
Please note that all courses require a minimum number of attendees. If too few bookings are received, courses may be rescheduled.
Gift vouchers are not refundable in any circumstances.
If you cancel a course and are entitled to a refund, we will usually refund any money received using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any event, within 30 days of the day we received your valid notice of cancellation.
Health and Safety
We ask that you wear closed shoes. You will be provided with aprons to keep your clothes clean. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to get in touch with us today at email@example.com