Let your personality shine with our Forge a Silver Ring Workshop.
Every ring is individual, you can choose from 3 different textures – or combine them to make it even more unique! You even get to choose the finish you want – matt or shiny
The result is a stunning handmade gift for yourself or a loved one! Not to mention learning the basics of an incredible, ancient craft.
Many of our Forge a Silver Ring workshop goers have discovered a new hobby and love of the craft, and have signed up to our longer part time courses, to deepen their knowledge.
Benefits of Learning Jewellery Making Skills
There are many benefits to learning a new skill in general, but learning how to make jewellery specifically has its own benefits such as:
– Helps you start a new hobby and learn a highly skilled trade
– Connect back in with your creative side
– Improves focus and problem solving skills
– Unique and personalised gifts are a guarantee for your loved ones
– Working with your hands relaxes you
– There are so many different ways to do everything so you’ll have lots of fun exploring what works best for you!
What will I learn in this workshop
You will learn the basics of goldsmithing, this includes:
– How to pierce ( saw ) a piece of silver
– How to form a ring using pliers
– You will watch it being soldered whilst being explained the process by your teacher
– How to file the ring using different size hand files
– How to texture the ring using a planishing hammer- choose from 3 finishes
– You will watch it being polished on a polishing motor to your chosen finish – matt or shiny!
Come and join us for an evening of fun and creativity!
Our Forge a Silver Ring workshops have been awarded the Most Reviewed Experience in Ireland by Airbnb! We were also shortlisted as a finalist for 2020 Hen & Stag Supplier of the Year by Wedding Online. Due to our excellent reputation our workshops tend to book up, we recommend booking ahead to avoid any disappointment!
Duration of Course
Most of the taster classes take place in the evenings from 6:30-8:30pm and on Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
Please see below the booking area at the bottom of the page for our current availability
If you are a group of 6 or above please let us know so we can accommodate your group.
Should you have any further questions, please do pop us a message to email@example.com
Why Silver Works
Unlike traditional institutions, our priority is to help you learn & develop a new skill, not profit.
This is why we offer only 6 places within our bespoke courses, so you get the most out of each class!
You will be taught by highly experienced goldsmiths, working within the industry who has an abundance of Jewellery design experience.
We provide Tea & coffee and some chocolate
All tools and equipment, drills & aprons are provided for the duration of the course.
All the silver needed to make your ring.
We now offer next day engraving on the ring you make!
Make it even more special by adding initials or a date. The cost of this is €30 if collected from our city centre shop. If you need it shipped, it would either be €10 to €15 depending on where you live.
We can also offer a gold plating service, its €30 for a 14-21 day service turnaround. Simply let your teacher know and they will organise this for you.
Cancellation and Rescheduling
In order to cancel a booking, you must inform us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your cancellation must be confirmed as received by us on or before the relevant dates, as set out below. All cancellations and transfers are subject to an administrative fee of 10% of the cost of the class/course.
- If your written request is received more than 48 hours before the event is due to begin, you will be entitled to a full refund of the amount paid, less the administrative fee.
- If your written request is received within the 48 hours before the event, you will not be entitled to a refund for your place.
- Transfer to an alternative Date and or time are allowed up to 24 hours before the event time.
- Cancellation or transfer requests less than 24 hours before the event time will not be considered.
- Cancellations requested after the course/event has started will not be considered.
- If you fail to attend a course, event or class, no refund will be given, and no transfer request will be accepted.
- If a class is cancelled or postponed for reasons for which we are responsible, such as staff illness, we will make every reasonable effort to reschedule the class to suit the majority of attendees, or add missed hours onto remaining classes.
Please note that all courses require a minimum number of attendees. If too few bookings are received, courses may be rescheduled.
Gift vouchers are not refundable in any circumstances.
If you cancel a course and are entitled to a refund, we will usually refund any money received using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any event, within 30 days of the day we received your valid notice of cancellation.
Health and Safety
We ask that you wear closed shoes. You will be provided with aprons to keep your clothes clean. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to get in touch with us today at email@example.com
Lauren, June 2023
“This whole experience was so awesome to have been able to leave with something you can cherish from a great learning opportunity. I didn’t know what was going to be involved with this process but the night was overall a fun, stimulating experience. My ring came out prettier than I could have imagined. I would do this again!”
Greg, June 2023
“This was definitely a highlight for my wife’s and my trip to Ireland. Jill was a wonderful teacher, and the process of forging one’s own silver ring was fun and very satisfying. Now we have a more interesting keepsake of the trip than a T-shirt or coffee mug just cannot compete with.”
Shannon, March 2023
“This experience was the most fun! My mom and I enjoyed this so much. We learned a lot and it was the best way to spend our last night in dublin! Couldn’t recommend more!!”
Michael, January 2023
“This was so worth it! Fun, hands on, its nice chatting with the people taking the workshop with you, and the rings turned out GORGEOUS. Highly recommend to anyone considering.”
LZ OH July 2022
“My daughter-in-law was visiting, and we had a lovely time making matching silver rings. The 2-hour workshop was reasonably priced and the sterling silver ring was a perfect memento of our time together. Highly recommended! We both went back to the shop (The Collective) to buy some of their irresistible jewellery.”
Jayne Maree October 2022
“Fantastic must do in Dublin we both enjoyed this very much great memories to keep a pure joy & can’t wait to return” 💕💕
Melanie, March 2020
Lisa, March 2020
Alex, March 2020
Amber, March 2020
See more on our Airbnb Experiences page – We have over 3,000 glowing 5 Star reviews across our platforms!