We are very excited to be offering a new 2 hour workshop – The Claddagh Ring workshop.
Whether you are interested in learning a new skill or want to create something in a fun and relaxed environment, this workshop is for you. During the class you will learn to make your own sterling silver Claddagh Ring.
A Claddagh Ring is a traditional Irish ring in which a heart represents love, the crown stands for loyalty and the two clasped hands symbolize friendship.
In the workshop you will begin with a Claddagh Ring strip and you will learn basic goldsmithing skills to transform this into a beautiful, made to measure Claddagh Ring that you will be proud to say you made yourself.
What will I learn
You will learn the basics of goldsmithing, this includes:
– How to mark with a scribe and pierce your strip of silver with a jewellers saw.
– How to form a ring using pliers and a ring mandrel
– You will watch it being soldered whilst being explained the process by your teacher
– How to file the ring using different size hand files
– How to texture the ring using a planishing hammer- if you wish
– You will watch it being polished on a polishing motor to your chosen finish – matt or shiny!
Come and join us for an evening of fun and creativity!
Our classes here at Silverworks have been awarded the Most Reviewed Experience in Ireland by Airbnb! We were also shortlisted as a finalist for 2020 Hen & Stag Supplier of the Year by Wedding Online. Due to our excellent reputation our classes tend to book up, we recommend booking ahead to avoid any disappointment!
Duration of Course
The Class is approximately 2 hours and costs €114 per person.
Please see below the booking area at the bottom of the page for our current availability
If you are a group of 6 or above please reach out to us if you are interested in a private class.
Should you have any further questions, please do pop us a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Silver Works
This is why we offer only 6 places within our bespoke courses, so you get the most out of each class!
You will be taught by highly experienced goldsmiths, working within the industry who has an abundance of Jewellery design experience.
Claddagh ring (size 10.50mm) included in full price.
Larger silver Claddagh ring (size 13.50mm) is an additional €10 to be paid on arrival for the workshop. Please request this in advance of your workshop.
Expert tuition from our team of fabulous Goldsmiths.
All tools and equipment, drills & aprons are provided for the duration of the course.
We provide Tea & coffee and some chocolate treats also.
We can also offer a gold plating service, its €30 for a 14-21 day service. Simply let your teacher know and they will organise this for you.
Cancellation and Rescheduling
In order to cancel a booking, you must inform us by email at email@example.com
Your cancellation must be confirmed as received by us on or before the relevant dates, as set out below. All cancellations and transfers are subject to an administrative fee of 10% of the cost of the class/course.
- If your written request is received more than 30 days before the event is due to begin, you will be entitled to a full refund of the amount paid, less the administrative fee.
- If your written request is received within the 30 day period before the event, you will not be entitled to a refund for your place.
- Cancellations requested after the course/event has started will not be considered.
- Transfer to an alternative course/event should be requested in writing at least 14 days before the course start date.
Transfer requested less than 14 days before the event may be declined unless a replacement student can be found for your place prior to the start date.
- If you fail to attend a course, event or class, no refund will be given, and no transfer request will be accepted.
- If a class is cancelled or postponed for reasons for which we are responsible, such as staff illness, we will make every reasonable effort to reschedule the class to suit the majority of attendees, or add missed hours onto remaining classes.
Please note that all courses require a minimum number of attendees. If too few bookings are received, courses may be rescheduled.
Gift vouchers are not refundable in any circumstances.
If you cancel a course and are entitled to a refund, we will usually refund any money received using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any event, within 30 days of the day we received your valid notice of cancellation.