This class is a ten step process to learn to make an Initialed Silver Charm or Pendant
We will teach you to make a charm that will be handmade by you! Add it to your necklace to wear as a pendant or add it to your charm bracelet as a keepsake of a time well spent!
If you wish to purchase a necklace to add it to, we offer special discounts for our class goers.
The first 5 steps
1. Choose from 8 different shapes including, circular disc, diamond, square, heart, star, flower, pear and rectangle.
2. Then you will use a cutter to cut out your chosen shape.
3. File the edges of your cut out disk or shape, so it safe and has professionally finished edges.
4. Emery (sandpaper) both sides of the your charm shape to prepare it for your design
5. Learn different hammering techniques to create different textures – then choose what look you want yours to have!
The next 5 steps
6. Using stamp letters, you can now add the initial(s) you want to your charm.
7. Our expert will then demonstration how to drill a hole in the top of your charm, where it will connect to a bracelet or necklace once completed
8. They will also demonstrate soldering a charm bail on it using professional techniques
9. Now you decided if you want your charm to be super sparkly or have a edgy matte look, our expert will advice on how to achieve both finishes with a polishing machine.
10. Take it step further and use platinol (this makes the unpolished areas look black like a shadow so it stands out more!) then we polish it off after for you!
Duration of Course
Please see our availability for this class at the bottom of this page. If there are 6 or more of you in your group we can hold a class especially for you – simply email us to book and avail of our 10% group discount!
After you have finished
That’s it – your charm has been handmade by you! Add it to your necklace to wear as a pendant or add it to your charm bracelet as a keepsake of a time well spent! If you wish to purchase a necklace to add it to, we offer special discounts for our class goers – 20% off on all chains.
If you wish to create your charm/ pendant in yellow, rose or white gold you can do so for an additional cost, please note we will need at least a weeks notice in order to order this into the studio for you.
How much are we talking?
€75 per person or if you are booking for 6 or more, avail of our 10% discount!
Our cancellation policy is as follows: you will receive a refund of your course fee if you cancel by email or phone more than 2 weeks prior to the course, minus 10% administration fee. If you cancel two weeks or less before the course is due to start, you will receive 0% of your course fee back.
Why Silver Works
Unlike traditional institutions, our priority is to help you learn & develop a new skill, not profit.
This is why we offer only 6 places within our bespoke courses, so you get the most out of each class!
You will be taught by highly experienced goldsmiths, working within the industry who has an abundance of Jewellery design experience.
We provide Tea & coffee and some chocolate.
All tools and equipment, drills & aprons are provided for the duration of the course.
All the silver needed to make your charm, if you would like to purchase a chain to put it on we have them on offer at discounted prices or else you can put them on your own chain or bracelet.
Health and Safety
We ask that you wear closed shoes. You will be provided with aprons to keep your clothes clean. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to get in touch with us today at email@example.com
Samantha Corrigan , Sept 2021
“So much fun. It was great to be able to book and have the place just for a group of friends especially in the current climate. We did the charm making class. There was lots of giggles and flying charms when polishing. We really want to go back and do the ring making class next. Staff are all super friendly and very helpful. “
Aoibh Collins, Feb 2021
“An amazing experience well worth doing. I have already recommended to my friends and will definitely be returning in future!”
See more on our Airbnb Experiences page – We have over 2,000 glowing 5 Star reviews across our platforms!