This class is a ten step process to learn to make an Initialed Silver Charm or Pendant
We will teach you to make a charm that will be handmade by you! Add it to your necklace to wear as a pendant or add it to your charm bracelet as a keepsake of a time well spent! If you wish to purchase a necklace to add it to, we offer special discounts for our class goers ????
The first 5 steps
1. Choose from 8 different shapes including, circular disc, diamond, square, heart, star, flower, pear and rectangle.
2. Then you will use a cutter to cut out your chosen shape.
3. File the edges of your cut out disk or shape, so it safe and has professionally finished edges.
4. Emery (sandpaper) both sides of the your charm shape to prepare it for your design
5. Learn different hammering techniques to create different textures – then choose what look you want yours to have!
The next 5 steps
6. Using stamp letters, you can now add the initial(s) you want to your charm.
7. Our expert will then demonstration how to drill a hole in the top of your charm, where it will connect to a bracelet or necklace once completed
8. They will also demonstrate soldering a charm bail on it using professional techniques
9. Now you decided if you want your charm to be super sparkly or have a edgy matte look, our expert will advice on how to achieve both finishes with a polishing machine.
10. Take it step further and use platinol (this makes the unpolished areas look black like a shadow so it stands out more!) then we polish it off after for you!
After you have finished
That’s it – your charm has been handmade by you! Add it to your necklace to wear as a pendant or add it to your charm bracelet as a keepsake of a time well spent! If you wish to purchase a necklace to add it to, we offer special discounts for our class goers ????
If you wish to create your charm/ pendant in yellow, rose or white gold you can do so for an additional cost, please note we will need at least a weeks notice in order to order this into the studio for you.
Duration of Course?
This course runs on Friday 6:30pm – 8:30pm
If you are a group of 4 or above please let us know and we will try and accommodate you.
Make sure to ask us about our group discounts.
Why Silver Works?
Unlike traditional institutions, our priority is to help you learn & develop a new skill, not profit.
This is why we offer only 6 places within our bespoke courses, so you get the most out of each class!
You will be taught by a highly experienced goldsmith/silversmith, working within the industry who has an abundance of Jewellery design experience.
We provide Tea & coffee and some chocolate ????
All tools and equipment, drills & aprons are provided for the duration of the course.
All the silver needed to make your charm, if you would like to purchase a chain to put it on we have them on offer at discounted prices or else you can put them on your own chain or bracelet.
Health and Safety
We ask that you wear closed shoes. You will be provided with aprons to keep your clothes clean. We have halved our class capacity to ensure the safety and well being of our staff and students during the current situation we find ourselves in. We ask that all students and teachers wear visors or masks during our class, as an added precaution, to keep each other safe. If you don’t have a mask, one will be provided for you. Each of our studios have been fitted with perspex dividers. We have installed sanitation stations for you to use on entering and exiting our premises. If you have any concerns or suggestions, please feel free to get in touch with us today at firstname.lastname@example.org