Pierce Your Own Pendant
Come and pierce your very own charm at our studio! We will teach you the metalsmithing process of creating a charm in sterling silver and you can personalise your charm with different textures and by adding an initial or two to the disc.
Our professional teachers will be here to guide you along the way and you will leave with a beautiful handmade charm to cherish forever.
Benefits of Learning Jewellery Making Skills
There are many benefits to learning a new skill in general, but learning how to make jewellery specifically has its own benefits such as:
– Helps you start a new hobby and learn a highly skilled trade
– Connect back in with your creative side
– Improves focus and problem solving skills
– Unique and personalised gifts are a guarantee for your loved ones
– Working with your hands relaxes you
– There are so many different ways to do everything so you’ll have lots of fun exploring what works best for you!
What you make
You will be given a brass square to practice different textures on using a hammer and also shown how to safely use your saw to cut through the brass. When ready, everyone will be given their silver disc to texture and you will have a choice of designs to choose from or we will have your pre-chosen design ready to go for you.
This class is for anyone from beginners up, some experience with the saw from our taste forge a ring class will be helpful but not essential.
You then have the option to personalise your disc even more with stamped initials or designs. Then you’ve got the big decision for your finished look – shiny or matte!
You are welcome to keep your brass practice plate – otherwise we will recycle everything.
Choosing your own Design to Pierce Out?
For an additional 10 euros, you can send us on a design that you’d really like to pierce out on your silver disc. The design must be sent one week in advance of your workshop to our email address email@example.com
Please include your full name and booking reference within your email and one of our staff members will contact you in regards to your design.
Duration of Course
After you have finished
That’s it – your charm has been handmade by you! Add it to your necklace to wear as a pendant or add it to your charm bracelet as a keepsake of a time well spent! If you wish to purchase a necklace to add it to, we offer special discounts for our class goers – 20% off on all chains.
Personalised Engraving & Gold Plating
We now offer engraving on the back of your pendants for €30 per pendant! It would be a one week turnaround lead time and you will be contacted via text when it is ready for collection from our city centre building here at 24 Drury Street. Alternatively, if you needed it shipped out to you instead, we can offer this at an additional €10 (within Ireland) or €15 (outside of Ireland).
We can also offer a gold plating service, its €30 for a 14-21 day service turnaround. Simply let your teacher know and they will organise this for you.
How much are we talking?
€81 PP and you get to keep your gorgeous pendant/charm
(With an additional €10 PP if one chooses to pierce your own design
Cancellation and Rescheduling
In order to cancel a booking, you must inform us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your cancellation must be confirmed as received by us on or before the relevant dates, as set out below. All cancellations and transfers are subject to an administrative fee of 10% of the cost of the class/course.
- If your written request is received more than 48 hours before the event is due to begin, you will be entitled to a full refund of the amount paid, less the administrative fee.
- If your written request is received within the 48 hour period before the event, you will not be entitled to a refund for your place.
- Cancellations requested after the course/event has started will not be considered.
- Transfers to an alternative Date and or time are allowed up to 24 hours before the event time.
- Cancellation or transfer requests less than 24 hours before the event time will not be considered.
- If you fail to attend a course, event or class, no refund will be given, and no transfer request will be accepted.
- If a class is cancelled or postponed for reasons for which we are responsible, such as staff illness, we will make every reasonable effort to reschedule the class to suit the majority of attendees, or add missed hours onto remaining classes.
Please note that all courses require a minimum number of attendees. If too few bookings are received, courses may be rescheduled.
Gift vouchers are not refundable in any circumstances.
If you cancel a course and are entitled to a refund, we will usually refund any money received using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any event, within 30 days of the day we received your valid notice of cancellation.
Why Silver Works
Unlike traditional institutions, our priority is to help you learn & develop a new skill, not profit.
You will be taught by highly experienced goldsmiths, working within the industry who has an abundance of Jewellery design experience.
We provide Tea, Coffee and some chocolate.
All tools and equipment, drills & aprons are provided for the duration of the course.
All the silver needed to make your charm, if you would like to purchase a chain to put it on we have them on offer at discounted prices or else you can put them on your own chain or bracelet.
Health and Safety
We ask that you wear closed shoes. You will be provided with aprons to keep your clothes clean. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to get in touch with us today at email@example.com
Aisling, March 2023
“We had a wonderful time at the shamrock charm making class run by Silver Works, with Clodagh. It was great that we were able to buy necklaces to add the charms to! I will definitely be back again.”
JS, Jan 2021
“Great Lockdown experience learning and working from home. Took me a while to shape the wax to my design but good fun trying it and my ring has turned out beautifully. Great conversation piece and I’m planning to make some nice presents”
Joseph Bonham, Feb 2021
“A novel and delightful way to explore and express your creativity in a lockdown. The kit is comprehensive and the tutorials are detailed and easily accessible online for whenever suits your timetable. Great support and fast responses to enquiries. I can’t wait to attend a class in-person to expand my skills. Highly recommended.”